Re: Introduction

> Hm. It might be a bit bold, but could you invest three minutes to c&p
us
> some relevant excerpts? I consider it to be better than everyone of us
> having to invest the three minutes :-) Also mind you, that some of us
> might read emails offline and thus having the relevant bits in-band
> would be nice.

Sorry, no problem.

Improving the desktop experience with the "Task" and "TaskMonitor" D-Bus

The central idea is to export all information related to a running task
(e.g. a download, a synchronisation, a transcode) and make them
available to other applications. This allows various things like the
removal of many redundant progress dialogues, the contextual display of
progress information and an even more intelligent power management.

Cheers,
Salomon Sickert