[gnome-soc-list] I want to participate in GSoC

Hello!
I want to participate in GSoC and become a GNOME developer in future.
I was interested in project "Scheduling multiple file transfer
operation on nautilus" with mentor Basil Kurian
<basilkurian ymail com>. I have written him 24 hours later, but still
no answer.
I have sent a copy of my message to nautilus-list. Message contains my proposal.
Time not waiting and soon student application period will be open. So
I want to recieve some advice about what can I do to be accepted.

Best regards, Dmitry.