GSoC - Project Idea

I'm a student aiming to get place in the GSoC program. While browsing and, I've got following idea:

Nautilus, Epiphany, Empathy and other programs, which have the ability
to transfer files, could expose the progress of the transfer. This
enables other applications to react accordingly and allows to create
an unified overview on the progress of file transfers.

I've created a first more detailed draft, which can be viewed on

Comments and discussion are appreciated.

Salomon Sickert