Introduction for GSoC

Hi, my name is Anton.
I'm from Russia. Here's brief information about me, my skills and ideas for the GSOC.

I'm a student. 2010 is my final year in Moscow State University of Electronics and Mathematics. I'm a member of Russian Loco Team. Programming is my hobby. I've finished several projects for my university. I'm also an iPhone developer. I prefer C and Objective-C languages, but I also have programming experience in C++ programming languages, GTK+, Qt4, SQLite, OpenAL and OpenGL libraries.

Why Ubuntu? Because I have been using this Linux distribution since 2006 and I love it.

Here are my ideas for GSoC (I have already posted them for Ubuntu maillist, but I think it is actual for Gnome too):

1) Column view for Nautilus. I have seen a suggestion of this functionality somewhere on Ubuntu Brainstorm. This is a very useful function for a file manager, in my opinion. I have been using Mac OS X for a while and have found that Column View in Finder is very-very easy-to-use. I think it will be big advantage for Gnome, because many users of Mac OS X will feel right at home if they see their favorite file manager view.

2) GTK Theme Creator with Live View. Current theme creation methods seem Ice-Age-Like. What will need is a fully functional modern graphical theme editor, that will backup system config files and will have a Live View option.  It should also have a very easy-to-use interface, so that any designer could start using it in a blink of an eye.

Message by Anton "Garfeild" Kolchunov

E-mail:  garfeild.ubuntu (at) gmail.com
kolchunovad (at) gmail.com
garfeild (at) member.fsf.org

Using propreatary software: Mac OS X 10.5.x, Mail.