DACP in Rhythmbox: Weekly Report 4

Hi all,

A bit early so I dont forget about the report ;)
I improved a lot the documentation. I found out about gtk-doc, how it was generated inside libdmapsharing and about the syntax. It was pretty cool to fill out all the details about my API and it comes out not only as html but in DevHelp also. Unfortunately, something broke and only half of my class is being recognized right now, still don't know what the problem is.
I finally managed to refactor Rhythmbox code into libdmapsharing in a way that makes sense, removes a lot of code from Rhythmbox plugin and hides DACP complexity. This is pretty cool, but took me a lot of time to think about it.
The coolest part came today, when I implemented playstatusupdate and iPhone finally fully connected to Rhythmbox as a Remote server, including showing playlists. Unfortunately, it is crashing somewhere. I have been investigating the problem but it is in the DAAP filter implementation, which either isn't ready for DACP handling, or it has a bug that is only being revealed now. Hopefully I'll find out what the problem is soon (might need to understand DAAP/DMAP a bit better).
I will fix the crash and implement more of the ctrl-int commands.
Kind of, I spent more time with code refactoring then planned, but that was intended to be done for a while. I did implemented more of ctrl-int as planned, which got me into the crash. I also spent a lot of time documenting things, which was originally planned.
I started using Anjuta for coding. I used it before on small projects, it's good to see how well it fits with Gtk/GObject programming, it feels like a powerful IDE (it has been a while since I didnt compiled something pressing a button). The debugger is also wonderful, I like gdb, but quickly finding out where the line that crashed the program is much better (I missed double-clicking a error message and opening the code file in that spot).
But, it crashed on me a few times, which is a real shame. I'll still use it, the Git integration seems pretty cool also.

Until next week folks, hopefully Brazil will win on Sunday and I'll be even more motivated ;)
Alexandre Rosenfeld