Re: Ease : presentations for the GNOME desktop: Weekly Report 03.

Sorry about that, I thought the blog would do. So here it it:

1    What I have done

As I explained last week to the mailing list, there wasn't any report #2, for
the good reason that I had exams and academic defense till Monday. It went
well overall, so I'm back at coding, and here's what I've done :

   o  I started building my stock image fetcher, which as the moment works
      well, except the fact that it doesn't retrieve anything online.
I've looked
      into how to leech pictures from FlickR, also wondered if it would be a
      good choice to use Grilo, so now I just have to implement it, and this
      should be done very soon!

   o  Tried to port Ease UI to GtkBuilder, I'm getting closer but I still have
      a bunch of warnings and some non-functionnal UI. Again, I think this
      will be finished soon.

   o  Started investigating packaging, in the perspective or releasing a super-
      bleeding-alpha Ease 0.1 in the upcoming couple of weeks, for the mo-
      ment I'm stuck at making 'make dist' work.

   o  Thought a lot about that plugin infrastructure and even after reading
      the Vala online tutorial (http://live.gnome.org/Vala/TypeModules), it's
      still not crystal-clear, so I plan on spying other cool projects like
      Grilo or GTG (this last one helps me a lot to organize, go Paul, Lucas
      and Karlo).

2    What's next

   o  Finalize all the previous stuff.

   o  I still get a bunch of warnings when I run Ease, so I'd like to
investigate
      this and fix it as soon as possible.

   o  Learning how to draw with Cogl (so I can haz gradients and curves).

   o  Shaping Ease 0.1, and getting out of the "it has to crash" phase.

3    Timeline

I'm a bit late regarding my timeline, due to various reasons such as :

   o  My network connection broke for the past two weeks ;

   o  School sucked most of my time last week ;

   o  Other bad reason goes here.

    Anyway, I'm back at coding, enjoy it a lot, so that should be fixed soon!

4    Issues/Other news

   o  I found a very cool tool to draw UI mockups : it's called Pencil, it's
      a very nice Firefox-addon that you can also use standalone, give it a
      try : http://pencil.evolus.vn. Just noticed their website is down, I
      have a very strong problem with the whole Internet thing those days...

   o  I started writing my Vala tutorial. Would be nice to host it somewhere
      on git.gnome.org (with vala, gnome-web, itself?), so that other people
      could write/update/correct it.

   o  Early birthday, I got a new laptop!  Actually, the family had gotten
      me one of those big Asus tanks/laptops, with dedicated graphics card,
      wide display and such, but I politely declined and asked if I could pick
      my own machine, and here landed the HP Probook 5310m : minimalist,
      slick and powerful, love it.  This isn't the point of that report, so I'll
      make a separate review on my blog.

    That's all folks *warner cartoon music*.