Totem Chapters Plugin - Weekly Report 3

Hey all,

This week was very busy for me: I had been prepared to yet another
exam and tried to do my best with my GSoC project (Totem chapters
plugin):

    * I wanted to write my own tiny parser for CMML files based on
libxml2 to drop libcmml dependency. Wow, I've done it :) That wasn't
so easy as I thought due to lack of good documentation for libxml2.
Well, there are some docs at www.xmlsoft.org, but it's not enough for
a newbie in libxml2. There are only some simple examples, there are no
descriptions for some enums, functions' descriptions are very poor...
I'm not saying that libxml2 docs are bad, but it is really hard to use
it without any knowledge. So I spent a lot of time reading docs,
experimenting with it's features and possibilities before I got what I
want. It parses files via xmlreader module.
      Now chapters plugin supports CMML parsing (and writing) without
libcmml and you can build it without any troubles;

    * I've also added clip sorting by time before displaying them and
updated build system, fixed some bugs of course;

    * moving to new CMML parser gives a bit more benefits - now I can
implement GIO support to read non-local files. So I started to read
GIO documentation.

That's what I was doing this week. And as I've promised, here is a
demo video how chapters plugin works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VqC95wPsQ

Comparing with my last week plans I've done all that plans. I'll try
to do the same every week :) Next week I want to implement all
read/write operations via GIO (in async way) and maybe something else
(a bit code clean up is needed). See you soon!

My git repository: http://gitorious.org/totem-chapters/master.git

Git log for this week:

commit f9189f2a8a09ae36eac212f2ff8b5ae734b15baf
Merge: 7bd0648 6117981