[weekly report] week 5: Music sharing in Banshee using Telepathy [banshee-soc]

Short and sweet report this week:

* Added Telepathy.Debug interface to my telepathy-sharp bindings

* Upgraded to telepathy-gabble 0.7.29 and empathy 2.27.3

* Was not getting the "tube invitation" message on previous versions of Empathy. This version, however, brought it back. What happens is, when a tube is offered, Empathy displays a notification message that a tube has been offered and it can't find the service to handle it. So, I had to add the hack of registering an object at dbus name org.gnome.Empathy.DTubeHandler.servicename, where servicename is the name of my tube service with periods replaced with underscores (underscore thing is very weird, but that's what Empathy wants).

* Very basic file transfer support has been added to the extension. Right-clicking a track will show a 'download track' option. When clicked, a dialog will be shown prompting for a location to save the file. Upon choosing a folder, the download will begin. If the dialog is canceled, no transfer will occur. A couple of upgrades would be nice:
    - warn if file already exists. Currently, I'm just overwriting.
    - currently, only a save location is asked for. Perhaps the ability to change the file name would be nice too.
    - need to consider what actions to take when multiple files are attempted to be downloaded.
    - progress display as well as ability to cancel the transfer. This, however, causes some other concerns:
        1) what should be shown if multiple files are being downloaded?
        2) how should cancel operations be handled when multiple downloads in progress?
        3) should a dialog be used? or, maybe, some other nifty Banshee integrated display?

I'm in Toronto this week until July 5th, so there won't be much progress until I get back from my trip. So, hopefully, I can spend the week thinking about the finer details of the file transfer feature, and then get going on hacking when I get back.