[weekly report] Week 4 : Rhythmbox context pane

This week has been quite productive. I successfully have artist
information and album lists displaying. However, part of the way
through writing the album display code I decided that my current
design was going to get to clumsy the more features I added. Thus I
decided to refactor and make everything much more modular (which I
should have done since the beginning).

I just finished the refactoring and it is much cleaner and adding new
pages will be much easier now. Currently, I am trying to figure out
the best way to fetch all the data needed for the album listing. The
problem is that to get all of the information I want to display, I
will need to make quite a lot of last.fm api calls (two per album). So
I am just deciding how best to manage all of the connections nicely.

Dealing with the album listing page will probably keep me busy all
week but if not I will start to port the lyrics plugin code to work
with the context pane.

Regards,
John Iacona