Re: [Weekly report] Week 1: Add Geolocalized tasks (geoclue, libchamplain) in Getting Things Gnome

No problem, sorry all for the inconvenience. Here's the report. :-)

Here’s what I have done after the first official summer of code week…

First of all I created a wiki page[1] that concentrates all of the
projects info and where you can follow my progress on the project (this
page is a work in progress).

An important part of my project is Geoclue and integrating it on GTG!. I
have dedicated some time to understand how Geoclue works and I made some
examples of how Geoclue can be used with Python/D-Bus.
This led to the idea of creating a python-geoclue lib/module to
facilitate the Geoclue integration on python projects.

The examples are available here[2].
I’m thinking on creating a git branch to upload all my soc work.

We (me and Lionel) decided that this integration is best made as a GTG!
plug-in because there may be some users that don’t want to use such
features and also GTG! will benefit from a plug-in system. So I’ll be
implementing a plug-in system on GTG! and most of this weeks time was
spent on research for the best way to implement a plug-in system,
talking or trying to talk to developers who have implemented such
systems.

For the next week/weeks the TODO list is:

      * Implement the plug-in system on GTG!
      * Build the python-geoclue lib/module
      * Finish the mockup

I also have to mention Bertrand Rousseau, the other GTG! developer, who
as always been available and helping.

Like other students my final exams and assignments discussions for the
university have started and until mid June I’ll be dividing my time with
soc and the university.

Also, during the past week I received the debt card and already have the
505 dollars there. I’m now thinking on the best way to get them into my
account (to Portugal in euros). If anyone has a good idea, please let me
know.

[1]http://live.gnome.org/gtg/soc/
[2]http://www.paulocabido.com/soc/geoclue-examples/

Regards,