[Weekly report] Week 9: Nibbles port to Clutter

Last week I added some animation on bonus. (small fade-in effect &
rotation) and I also worked on animation when a worm die. I made a
quick screencast[1] to showcase the current state of the animation.
There's still room for improvement but I'm quite happy with the result
considering the time I spent working on it.

I also did a lot of code refactoring, removing and merging unused code
and module. Those changes reduce code complexity and ease its
comprehension and use.

The current state of the port is fairly advanced. There's still one
major bug in collision detection between worms that I'm constantly
trying to eliminate. Apart from this bug, most part of the game are
functional and on par with the old version.

Next week I will polish current animation and add more of them for
different event of the game. I'll also try to get rid of this annoying
collision detection bug. One thing I would like to implement, if not
within the timeframe of the GSoC, surely after, it's a way to manage
different theme for the game. The current "all green" theme sure do
the job but two or three new theme and the ability to switch between
them sure wouldn't hurt. Anyway, it's just a thought.

Have a nice week!

[1] http://vimeo.com/5786174

git shotlog
Guillaume Beland (10):
      Removed the GtkClutterEmbed from GnibblesBoard and replaced it with a
      Trivial code refactoring & small fixes
      Rotation on bonus, still need polish, also trying to fix bugs in collision
      Work on debugging collision detection, added debug info, gnibbles_worm_inv
      Moved to ClutterAnimation to animate bonus, work on worm animation when dy
      Trivial code refactoring
      Nicer animation when worm die
      Improved worm's explosion by adding a scale effect
      More trivial code refactoring
      Merged level.c to board.c ...

Guillaume Béland