Re: GSoC students at GUADEC

I'd like to attend, and need sponsorship. What is the next step?

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
Dear students,

You probably know about GUADEC, the biggest GNOME conference, where a
lot of our community members meet every year. In 2008, it's happening
in July in Istambul (Turkey). You can learn more about it at:

 http://www.guadec.org/

Last year, some of the GSoC students were able to attend GUADEC and it
was really fun and useful. Meeting your mentor, some people interested
in your project and other community members has a positive impact on
your work. Showing what you already achieved is also fantastic to get
some good feedback.

So it's probably a good thing for the students of this year's GSoC to
attend GUADEC, if possible. We talked with GUADEC organizers, and they
support the idea. While there's no guarantee, it's possible that you
can get a sponsorship to attend GUADEC, if you need it. Our budget is
limited, but we'll do our best. Of course, attending GUADEC is not
mandatory. :-)

So, we'd like to know if you'd like to attend the conference and if
you'll need sponsorship for doing so. This will help the GUADEC
organizers a bit. Please show them some love and reply to this mail
asap so we can know about your plans wrt GUADEC.

Cheers!

--lucasr