Evolution Account Management - Report 5

Hey Folks :)

This week, I spent most of the time with Evolution things not directly related to my project but important for Evolution anyway. So I discovered and wrote patches for an user assisted arbitrary code execution and a remote exploitable denial of service issue. To test my patches, I had to compile over and over again, so that I'm finally looking forward to a newer and faster machine, because compiling takes so long...

From the first week on, I've spend a little bit of my time to implement a Python program which displays current accounts and (maybe ;-) ) edits them. I just started to reimplement that in Vala. I am fighting with giving parameters to a constructor and use them as fields in the object. I guess, I haven't grokked it yet.

I received input on my last wannabe-rant on autotools and libtool. Thanks for that! I subversivly called autotool "autocrap" or "autopoop" thus disregarding them. In fact, I don't have much knowledge of these build systems and it is unfair to disregard these tools if I don't know them. They might be useful and mighty tools to do all awesome and nifty things, and actually I believe they are. But heck, it feels so complicated to use them :( And I feel, that I spent (too) much time with the build system instead of coding itself.

I just realize that this is the last monday before GUADEC :) I have one (actually two, but I can dismiss one) assignment to make until GUADEC. I'll be in Instanbul on friday and I still have to organize a place to sleep over the weekend. I'm looking forward Istanbul, I hope it'll be a great conference.

Well, that's it for this week :) See you at GUADEC!
Cheers,
  Tobi