Re: Google Reader Integration with Liferea: Week report

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed report. I have been busy with a lot of issues. I
moved to Mumbai where I spent two days without internet (new house,
waiting for connection). Then I had to spend the last four days in
Chennai for getting a visa for my grad studies.

My last report ended on the note that I was working on this cool thing
about efficient downloading of feeds. Well, I spent about two days
debugging that ... (a gist of what was happening: Every subscription
has some metadata associated with it, which I was using to store some
value. I later found that all the metadata was being erased by Liferea
every time an update took place. By then I was exhausted, and using a
Hash map to store this information looked more like a dirty hack.)

I think making these reports is a pretty good idea, it makes me
recollect what I was last doing, before I started procrastinating.
Still, the next two weeks I'll be in Bangalore (Bengaluru?), and again
in an area without internet. I'll also be busy so the amount of work
that I can put in in the next two weeks would be considerably less,
I'll try to do my best with my high-latency low-speed GPRS connection.

--Arnold

[snip /]