second report: cheese integration

hi everybody!

here comes my second report:

this week I read a lot about dbus and how to use it with glib-dbus!
I've tried to make a little test-app to see how to use dbus. There I had several problems with the server (client wasn't a problem).

I decided to work on a cheese-branch now, instead of making my own little app! This saves me a lot of time, because I have a working application to work with! The whole "lets make a own little application" was to 50% a crap idea (only 50% worked at the end :/). Well, whatever...lets get productive now :D

I got my own branch, check it out at http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/cheese/branches/cheese-dbus/ ! But don't stress ;) I think I will make the first "concrete" work on the branch at the end of this week.

Next steps:

After making cheese dbus capable, I will work test the whole thing with the working part of my little test application ;) the client works fine and will do it to test cheese!

Then its time to make cheese slim! :) the dbus-version supports only taking photos (lets start with that...) and has no thumbnail bar! This will be some gui work - sounds funny :)

After having a working slim dbus version I will try to get the whole thing into gtk-file-chooser! At the moment this sounds really scary to me, but lets see how it will be!

Enough for this time ;)

keep on hacking!
felix