Conduit & iPod Module

This week I've worked in the audio metadata for Conduit.

The iPod module needs a way to get information from audio and video files, and while there is already an Audio class in Conduit, the metadata was still missing.
I've started with Mutagen, creating a small interface to it. My mentor said GStreamer would be better, and I would have to use GStreamer in other areas, so I started to work with some code from the Elisa media library. After fitting the code in Conduit I had a lot of trouble making it work. Only recently I've found a way that could make it work, unfortunately I didnt had the time to implement it.

I've also worked in making the Rhythmbox module I had worked previously to fit in this metadata system. I will use Rhythmbox as my main use case.
I've used the opportunity to unify the File and the DBus backends for Rhythmbox.

--
Alexandre Rosenfeld

EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos