Soylent - Progress Report - Week 1

Hi all :) .

So there it comes, the first weekly progress report:
(also as a nice article at http://www.kalterregen.de/blog/index.php/2008/06/02/diving-into-soylent-and-gnome/)

In the "community-bonding-period" I've been busy working my way through documentation and tutorials:

* Gnome Programming Guidelines
* GTK+ / Glib Tutorial
* GObject Tutorial
* D-Bus Tutorial
* Telepathy API Reference
* Mission Control API Reference
* Empathy API Reference
* libebook Tutorial (from Maemo)
* Autobook for Autotools
* vCard Specification

I've also written some sample programs, including a command-line instant messanger with Telepathy / Mission Control / Empathy support :) .

Last week I've spent with:

* adjusting the SVN repository’s autotools to include libsoylent (outch, pain!) * carefully going through the complete existing Soylent code
* and of course defining the libsoylent API

Defining the API will keep me busy the whole week. Presumably a first public draft will be available by the end of this week.

That's it. Nice to read your progress reports and blogs :) .