Integrated printer management - Report 1

Hi all!

I wasn't much active on my project last week and won't be for past of
this week since I've had an exam and now have my last university
assignment due this week (Thursday).

Anyway I've been in touch with my mentor Ghee Teo and
system-config-printer's maintainer Tim Waugh and have already set up a
fedora account to work on s-c-p's (shiny new!) git repository on
fedorahosted.org [1].

First on my list of high level goals is to implement printer searching
and printer groups. I hope to have something to show you next Monday.

As for difficulties, the main one is understanding s-c-p's python
code, specifically for the lack of explicit typing on variables and
the use of various aliases to refer to the same object. But I'll
certainly get the hang of it when I have enough time.

Cya,
Rui

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=system-config-printer.git;a=summary