Re: Rhythmbox Predictive Playback - Weekly Report

Week 11 Report, which will be somewhat more empty than usual.

I've been on a bit of a hiatus the last two weeks - first a vacation
back to my parent's place, where I got to spend some time with my
family (who I haven't seen since Christmas) and some friends from high
school (some I haven't seen for years) so despite the bad timing, it
was worth the trip.  Next I went to a biomechanics (NACOB) conference
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where I gave a podium presentation (which was
terrifying, but went really well and was a great experience).

My project has been sadly neglected during these past two weeks.
After arriving home yesterday, I spent some time learning how to write
Rhythmbox plugins in C, as I figured if I'm going to re-write my whole
project I should do it before making all sorts of improvements and bug
fixes.  If I can figure out how to call my C++ functions from C (I'm
defining them with extern "C", but having some trouble with autotools
conf), then I think I should be able to do the re-write in a few days,
as most of what I learned writing the Python plugin carries over into
C.

That's about all I have to report this time - I've also got all kinds
of stuff to do to get ready to move to Alberta (like fix up my car and
get it re-registered), but I'm hoping that I can get the code re-write
done this week before the "pencil's down" date (at which point I doubt
my pencil will actually go down).

Cheers,

Charlotte