Interested in participating in GSOC 2007 from GNOME. Can someone help me?

Hi, everyone here. I am a Google Summer of Code Enthusiast. I am a fan of GNOME and have been using since I started using GNU/Linux. That is I am using GNOME from past 4 years. Now I am in my first year of Information Science and Engineering Graduate Program(equivalent to Computer Science). This is the first time I am looking at GNOME from development point of view even though I am a devotee of GNOME as a user from past 4 years.
    I am pretty much interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2007 from GNOME's side since I love GNOME and Google. I came to know about it only 3 days back and I am very desperate about it. I am motivated to this project not because of the Money but the name and fame associated with GOOGLE and GNOME.
    So can GNOME help me in participating for Google Summer of Code 2007? I plead someone suggest me a project to do on GNOME.

- Madhusudan.C.S