Progress Report - RandR

Hi everyone,

Sorry for once again delaying the report.

I have been working on the profile stuff for the last little while. I
am now able to read the current state of the graphics configuration
from RandR, commit that to GConf, and extract it from gconf again.

The next step will be to wire this up to the GUI, which currently
exists only as a glade file (and a small python script to test it).
Hopefully, the profile bit should be completely done soon. Also, my
girlfriend will be here in Canada with me soon, and with her an Intel
graphics based laptop. That means I will be able to work on the code
that actually applies the profiles. Unfortunately, Nouveau will not
support RandR fully until after the summer, so my computers are not an
option for this bit.

I am starting to get a bit worried about time. This project is much
more complex than I ever imagined it to be. I constantly get stuck on
things, which really slows me down (and it's frustrating). I will do
my best to get it done before summer's end, but I'm no longer 100%
confident that will be the case. Either way, I will finish it, so I
guess it really doesn't matter too much.

Oh, and a question on an only slightly related note: those of you who
have intel cards, when using multiple monitors, and you maximize or
full screen a program, does it (stupidly) span both monitors, or does
it restrict itself to one? Because using NVidia's TwinView hack causes
things to span monitors. However, I think that is due to the fact that
the binary driver presents both monitors as a single device to the X
server.

That's all for now,

Pascal