Report: changing Metacity into a window-and-pointer-manager 03/07/07

Hi!

This week I've played with a lot of stuff, and reached a state where
my "patch" was so big that I lost control over it. Before continuing,
I'll commit patches to the newly-created metacity branch called
'multiple_pointer_x'. I've already created the branch, and I'm almost
ready to commit the first part, but I'm having a little problem (bug)
so I'll wait until tomorrow.

While playing, I also had to make a little modification in gdk. I've
created a little gtk+ patch, but it will only be needed when I commit
the multiple foci stuff. I'll probably have to make this patch bigger
as I develop more stuff. If someone wants to see it, just take a look
at [0].

I've also created a howto that teaches how to download and compile
mpx, gtk+ and metacity. The howto will be available in my project
page, which wasn't created yet. I plan to create it tomorrow too
(after the commit).

This week, I plan to commit the changes I did in an "organized way",
so I can continue developing without breaking the stuff I already did.
I'll also create the project page and the howto, so everyone will be
able to use my branch.

Thanks,
Paulo.

[0] http://www.inf.ufpr.br/prz05/gtkPatch.patch