FoieGras-Tags-2007/08/15

Hi all,

Last week I did most of the remaining work left in FoieGras tags. As I
was saying in last week's report, I was doing image rendering and
creating a system to validate tag attributes and I could finish both
of the tasks.

For image rendering, naturally I used a pixbuf. In Mallard an image is
marked this way.
<media type="image" href="../mascot.png" />. The problem was there
wasn't a system created to render attributes. So I created a way to
define attributes, validate them and render attributes. That's the
thing which took most of last week's time.

This is the way to define attributes. For example if we take the media
tag which is mentioned earlier it has attributes type and href. So in
taglist it's noted like this.
<tag name="media" type="inline" background="white" (other default
rendering values) >
               <Type> image </type>
               <href> PATH_STRING </href>
</tag>
Based on this definition system, the editor will validate attributes
and render them. Also this gives the ability to extend the editor's
attribute list if it is needed in the future.

Now my focus is on implementing tables (which is the only major thing
left) and it doesn't seem like an easy thing. Because tables have lots
of rendering variations and I will have to come up with some good way
to do it.

Buddhika

--
http://luckycala.wordpress.com