Progress Report - Evolution - 2007/31

Hi,

the problem I mentioned last week still persisted until yesterday.
I couldn't build evo due to "missing reference to g_once_init_enter" or
the like. It turned out, that dependencies are somehow pulled from the
system instead of from my prefix. So it includes old glib libraries
which don't have the new symbols. Hence I was not right blaiming glib
last week ;-)

So I deinstalled my NetworkManager and hacked out libnotify support,
since these packages seemed to be pulled from my system and included the
old glibs as well.

But as this didn't work out I tried to install libnotify in my prefix.
This failed due to strange autoconf magic which doesn't like
single-quoted environment variables (or the like...)
I think after removing CFLAGS, libnotify compiled and I was finally able
to build evolution.
Now I can test the modifications I mentioned last week. But I think I
have to inspect the state-loading thingy, because it seems to be a
key-problem to most of threading-related problems.

So long,
  Tobi