Re: Writing a summary of the SoC results

s�5 10 2006 kl. 16:32 +0200, skrev Vincent Untz:
> We didn't send a summary of what got done during the Summer of Code to
> the community. It'd be fantastic if each student could write a paragraph
> or two explaining what they did, how the work will be used, etc.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

During my Summer of Code I worked with Robert McQueen from the Telepathy
project, to make a framework and specification for easily creating
collaborative application. The idea is that the Telepathy framework will
take care of all the connection details, so the application instances at
both ends only sees a local socket. During the project work, it was
suggested that D-Bus be used for the communication - this was partly
implemented, but there is still some bugs to weed out. I made an
implementation of SOCKS5 bytestreams in the Gabble connection manager to
tunnel the application data, and as a by-product I also implemented
file-transfers in Telepathy.

All in all, a lot of groundwork has been done, but some final details
are missing. I hope to fix these in the near future.

--
Mads Chr. Olesen <shiyee gmail com>