Re: [gnome-slackware] gnome-2.6

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 21:00 +0100, Luca Cavalli wrote:
> > that's not a problem.When i install one library the next library can't
> > find the it.Like is never installed.It looks pkg-config is set
> > properly,even i try manualy to find the path,but can't do it.

> configure every gnome package with the option --prefix=/usr, use --help
> for more info. Note that Gnome 2.6 is also distributed by Slackware
> already compiled and ready for installation.

  Hi Luca and Svetlio,

just a tiny note: as far as I can recall, Slackware doesn't put a

/usr/local/lib

line into the /etc/ld.so.conf file.  Just don't forget to run 'ldconfig'
after adding it, should it be the case.

Personally, I prefer installing all the system-wide libraries into one
place, just as Luca said.