Re:[gnome-slackware]open office not in gnome menu

> To: Gnome-slackware gnome org
> From: gh <ghwbush earthlink net>
> Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:52:57 -0400
> Subject: [gnome-slackware]open office not in gnome menu
>
> I'm using OOo1.1rc3 on slackware-current.  When I run OOo setup, it
> creates a ~/.gnome2/vfolders/applications directory with all the
> application launchers.  However, these don't show up in my main menu,
> when I'm using gnome.
>
> Is there a fix for this?
>
> gh

At the moment I am not using the slackware gnome packages but the following has
worked in the past.

Open up nautilus and enter "applications:///" in the location bar. Navigate to
the location you wish to add a launcher to ("office" might be a good one =p),
right click on the white space, and select "create launcher". Once you fill in
the info you will most likely not see the launcher appear (for what reason I
dont know), but have no fear, simply "killall gnome-panel" and look in your
foot menu, your new selection should be there.

Hope this works for you,

Ryan Quarry