[gnome-slackware]GDM troubles. . .

I'm trying to use gdm on my slackware 9.0 system and I'm having an awful lot of trouble. I can get gnome to load with no problems if I use startx. But if I try to use gdm, it won't load anything but failsafe gnome and xterm.

The Gnome file in my /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ directory contains the entry:

/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession gnome-session

It did have just gnome, but I added the session bit on a suggestion from the linuxquestions.org forum. Needless to say, it doesn't work. What other configuration files should I use? What other options do I have? I tried XDM, and it does exactly the same thing.

It's got to be something with the Display Manager since startx works just fine. . .

Anyone have any ideas?