Re: [gnome-slackware]Gnome Terminal in Gnome 2

Hi,
I too found the new gnome terminal not quite as likeable as
the old one.  So I switched to xterm.  I found that xterm also
supports anti-aliased fonts, and it is easy to get it to
remember its size, etc., by fiddling with my .Xdefaults file:

*loginShell: TRUE
*customization: -color
xterm.geometry:=80x52+0+0
*faceName:=luxi
*faceSize:10

No I don't know why it is facename := luxi and faceSize:10.  It has
been a long time since I set that up.

hope that is somewhat useful,
james