[gnome-slackware]Gnome Terminal in Gnome 2

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Gnome 1.4 to Gnome 2 on my Slackware 8.1
machine.  I'm using Dropline Gnome.  It works very well.  The only thing
that annoys me is the Gnome terminal.  I _hate_ the new version of the
gnome terminal.   It's very slow compared to the old one.  The thing
that annoys me the most about it is I can't get it to save it's window
size.  When it starts, it's pretty large, and I resize it until it's
smaller, but when I close it, it forgets where it was at before.

Does anyone know how to get it to remember it's size?

Thanks,
Tyler