Re: [gnome-slackware]Desktop shortcuts?

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 17:23, Kurt Savegnago wrote:
>   With KDE one right clicks and can make a short cut to the desktop
> of an executable.  Like I want to stick GIMP on the desktop, just rt. click
> type in the executable, name and the icon and am done.

You can do the same with GNOME. If you are running one of the lastest
releases, Nautilus will be your desktop manager. If so, you can right
click on the desktop and select "New Launcher" (IMHO, this is a bad
name). A dialog like the one that appears when you are creating a new
menu item will be displayed, where you type the name, a simple
description (optional), the command and select an icon for your program.

--
... the way to do it with GMC is not very diferent, but I can't recall
the steps...