[gnome-slackware]gdk-pixbuf-0.16.0 packaging issue

Hi again folks.

I'm trying to make a Slackware package out of gdk-pixbuf-0.16.0.

Everything builds well.

If I do `make install` and then run Gnome, everything works perfectly. But
if I do `make install DESTDIR=/root/build` and make a package of the
resulting files in /root/build, then when I load Gnome I can't see any
images. All the icons are replaced by text.

Since I want this package to be made, I need some help.

Thanks in advance.

---
Who said Slackware's dead?