Re: Gnome Standards

I've also seen few gnome packaging efforts. I contacted the ones I know about.

> choose a "testing" ftp to stick them.

Yes, the gnome one. I'm a gnome developer so I'd like them to be there (sounds a rather natural place) and to share others distro packager XP.

> Once they have been tested a while, they can be put in the slackware-current ftp where Pat can make final changes.

This is up to Pat, and I'm not willing to sue him with this.

> Just to throw out ideas--if this plan could work out wouldn't it be fairly simple to devise internal dependency checking for GNOME packages?

Well, there's an image somewhere on gnome showing the dependencies.

> This could catch the eyes of Ximian developers and...
Ximian guys can't afford spending time on an almost not used distro. Anyway, I spoke with them and the other good reason they didn't made slackware package is that they build system needs to know about the dependencies which isn't possible on slackware atm.