Re: [gnome-slackware]Gnome 2

matlactli ihuan ome acátl wrote:

hello.. I got another question
I compiled GNOME2 for stay in /opt/gnome2

What if i install all the gnome2 packages in /usr/
(withouth recompiling with --prefix= option)

You will be in trouble. You need to recompile as all object rely on eachother.

And if i install gnome2 in /usr (slackware 8.1) will
it corrupt my current GNOME 1.4 installation?
Nope as long as you are using a separate directory to store the gnome 2 stuff.

What if i want to use both versions of GNOME???
No problem as long as you keep them in their own space.

Cheers

stef