Re: GNOME Shell Extensions 3.34.0

Sadly, from one Gnome version or subversion to another, with each change, the majority of extensions are broken, and  "Florian Müllner",  that includes the ones you wrote. Many people are abandoning Gnome, simply because their favorite extensions no longer work.

I have a deep appreciation of the application development process and the QA that is needed. May I propose or suggest that there be an a new standardized interface for gnome extensions, an extension api, which will be responsible backend for the interfacing to the various gnome versions?  This api to  be providing a consistent interface for extension developers. My two favourite broken extensions are your menu extension and the Taskbar extension which works partially with Tumbleweed, fully with Centos, and not at all with recent Fedora's version 30  or any Linux Distribution using a Gnome version beyond 3.32.

Regards

 Leslie
Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada