Re: how to add some log in mutter?

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 08:33:03PM +0800, Halley Zhao wrote:
I gave some try;
log shows on my desktop pc, but not on my test device.
I'm curious why dma_buf_bind () isn't triggered on my device; from client
side, I do see wayland server( mutter ) reports the supported color format.
is there any other place to handle dmabuf interface bind?

Could it be that your test device doesn't use DMA-BUF? On your desktop,
I assume you're using mesa, which will use the Wayland DMA-BUF if you
have a new enough version, but is your test device also using the same
mesa version?

Assuming your test device is also running mutter or gnome-shell, it
should only bind via the dma_buf_bind() function in
meta-wayland-dma-buf.c; there is no other entry point.

Do you have complete WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 logs from your test device?

Jonas

Jonas Ådahl <jadahl gmail com> 于2019年10月11日周五 下午7:49写道:

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 06:55:42PM +0800, Halley Zhao via gnome-shell-list