Re: Icon from Icon Theme overrides my own icon

On 03.02.19 21:18, Jay Strict via gnome-shell-list wrote:

[...]

So I would suspect that the displayed icon is icon No. 2
(syncthing-logo-symbolic.svg), but instead the first icon
(syncthing.svg) is incorrectly displayed.

Why is the icon file name truncated at the "-" character, and how do I
display the correct icon in my extension?

I just stumbled over GtkIconLookupFlags [1].
There is a flag called GTK_ICON_LOOKUP_GENERIC_FALLBACK that seems to
invoke the undesired behavior. I did not set this flag and even when
grep-ing over the gnome-shell source code, I cannot see that this flag
is ever set.

How can I prevent the extension / gnome-shell from shorten icon names at
the '-' character?

Thanks
Jay

[1]