Re: Programming question

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 1:22 AM rastersoft <raster rastersoft com> wrote:

Hi all:

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this. I created an extension and I receive this message:

    Too many arguments to method Clutter.Container.add_actor: expected 1, got 2

The line is this one:

this.appsContainer.add_actor(this.appsInnerContainer, {x_fill: true, y_fill: false, x_expand: false, y_expand: false});

But the funny thing is that it works. If I remove the second argument, the result isn't the same. And I'm unable to find the alternative in the API documentation.

So my question is: how should I write that to avoid that warning?

The documentation [1] seems to say that the one-argument form is the correct one, but also that the whole function is deprecated in favour of Clutter.Actor.add_child(), so I would suggest using that instead.

[1] http://devdocs.baznga.org/clutter10~1.26.0/clutter.container#method-add_actor

Regards,
Philip C