Re: Launching "Activities" menu, then typing => disables smart card reader

On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 18:56 -0400, Louis Wust wrote:
1) Setting the scene: logged into GNOME on my work computer, which
uses
   Centrify Infrastructure Services for Active Directory integration,
   with my work-issued smart card plugged into the embedded smart
card
   reader in my Dell KB813t keyboard
2) Drive my mouse to the upper-left corner of the screen, which
brings
   up the GNOME 3 "Activities" menu
3) Begin typing any sequence of characters on my KB813t keyboard
4) Immediately after typing the first character, the smart card
reader
   begins flashing its activity LED
5) After a few seconds, the activity LED turns off completely
6) Due to a security policy setting at work, my screen immediately
   *locks* as a result of my smart card having been "removed"
7) Using the "sctool" command confirms that, indeed, my smart card is
   no longer seen by the system, despite it not having physically
moved
8) The condition persists until I remove and reinsert the smart card,
   at which point I am able to unlock the screen using it + my PIN

Add user to group systemd-journal
Login.
Repeat above.
$ journalctl -b