Re: Request: Gnome-screenshot Crop after Screen Capture

Thanks Florian for directing me to the correct place for the request.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM Justin Riddiough <jriddiough gmail com>
wrote:

> After taking a screenshot, a dialog opens "gnome-screenshot"

Yes, if you use gnome-screenshot instead of the built-in screenshot
shortcuts. When run in GNOME, the tool uses gnome-shell's ScreenShot D-Bus
API for the actual screen capture, but that is the only bit where
gnome-shell is involved. To request a new feature in gnome-screenshot, you
should file a bug under
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-screenshot.

(I'll also point out the shift-PrintScrn/ctrl-shift-PrintScrn shortcuts,
but IMHO support for cropping screenshots after taking them does sound like
a nice addition to gnome-screenshot - it just happens to be way off-topic
for this list)

Cheers,
Florian

--