How to extend the PATH environment variable in Gnome Shell on Wayland

Hi,

I want to add some personnal directories to the PATH environment variable in order to be able to run my ruby/gtk3 applications via the run command prompt (Alt+F2).

I have this in my ~/.profile and my ~/.bashrc:  PATH=/home/cedlemo/.gem/ruby/2.5.0/bin:$PATH

it works fine on the Xorg backend but not on the Wayland backend.
My system is ArchLinux x86_64 with Gnome-Shell 3.28.2.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ?

Regards

Cédric Le Moigne