Re: Which mozjs-52 to use? was Re: Generating Shell-0.1.gir with a custom command

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 11:07 PM tjoen <tjoen dds nl> wrote:
> > > Command
> > > '[u'/home/tdance/rpmbuild/BUILD/gnome-shell-3.26.0/_build/tmp-
> > > introspectJOKYck/Shell-0.1',
> > > u'--introspect-dump=/home/tdance/rpmbuild/BUILD/gnome-shell-
> > > 3.26.0/_build/tmp-
> > > introspectJOKYck/functions.txt,/home/tdance/rpmbuild/BUILD/gnome-
> > > shell-3.26.0/_build/tmp-introspectJOKYck/dump.xml']'
> > > returned non-zero exit status -11
> > > ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
> > >
> > > Similar problem with gjs-1.50.0 : Command

My guess is that mozjs-52 is the culprit. My reasoning is
that only two tarballs show this problem: gjs and gnome-shell.
And those two programs are the only ones linked to mozjs.

My mozjs is the official one from firefox-52.3.0esr
I guess most distros have their own patched ones.
So my question now:
Which one is officially approved by the gnome-developpers?

This one: https://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/tarballs-needing-help/mozjs/

If you want to build from a git repository, use this: https://github.com/ptomato/mozjs

There is no official mozjs 52 release yet from Mozilla. The one included in the Firefox source code has, as you have noticed, some problems when used as a stand alone library.

If in doubt, always use the source indicated in jhbuild.

Regards,
Philip C