Re: Making the panel re-appear in the lock screen after removing it from the shield

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017, 8:31 AM Jason DeRose <list derose io> wrote:
I apologize if you are already past this, but all extensions are
disabled when the screen shield is displayed.

That would make sense since you don't want to have random bits of code running at that point since it is before you are logging in.  Eg you could write an extension that would grab the password and user ID and send it to someone.

Sri

In screenShield.js, _resetLockScreen() will call _lockScreenShown()
which will call activateFade(). Later, _resetLockScreen() will call
Main.sessionMode.pushMode('lock-screen') which will update the mode to
lock-screen which doesn't have allowExtensions set to true and thus
disableAllExtension() gets called.

Is this your issue? It's probably possible to override enough stuff to
get it working, but I think the general idea has been that extensions
don't run on the lock screen.