Extensions in GDM

I've created a gnome-shell extension that I'd like to run under GDM,
but it doesn't seem that GDM is capable of loading extensions.  Is this
correct?

To give some background, I'm the sysadmin at a school with several
computer labs running Fedora.  We don't want our screens to shut off
when waiting at the login screen, but we do want the shield to come
down.

I've written an extension that accomplishes this when a regular user is
logged in, but it doesn't work under GDM.

Any ideas on how to work around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan