How to find all panels on screen

Hi,
I wonder how I can find position and size of all panels on screen. I need to determine usable screen size/position for gnome-shell extension.
Gnome by default comes with top panel. I know how to find its position and width.
But it can be other panels, for example task bar at bottom, or side bar like in ubuntu. Somehow, when you maximizing window or split it like Super+Left, it knows where panel ends.
Any hint would be appreciated. I need to find where is usable space on screen, not covered by panels, it's offsets from corner and size. If panel is set to autohide mode, is it possible to detect?
Thank you
Sergey