LUKS support and other encryption systems

Hello, for years I use the encryption methods included by default in GNOME for my system and also for external devices like pendrives (LUKS).

Due to the increased popularity of Veracrypt both to encrypt pendrives or through the sending of encrypted containers. I have informed a little and I realized that cryptsetup supports this format, therefore:

Is this the tool that gnome-shell  uses to encrypt/decrypt LUKS file systems?

If so, it would be a good addition to add support for Veracrypt, since it would be very simple for the user to use without additional software (just insert a device and add a password).
Even disk image mounter could mount veracrypt containers.

It may be a low priority because the efforts are elsewhere, but I think because of privacy-related events, a desktop environment like GNOME should make it easier to use encryption as much as possible, so that it is transparent to the user and so easy to use that works everyday.

For example, in addition to the comment related to Veracrypt, it would be practical to add 7-zip encryption to the new nautilus compression module, add the seahorse extension to the nautilus core or add more file system options when creating devices with LUKS. Many of these things can already be done from a terminal and a couple of commands, but the point is to make things easier for the casual user who cares about their privacy but is not that skilled.

Cheers