Notifications [Was: My gripes with Gnome Shell]

On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 11:47 +0200, 0x90 wrote:
My only concern is that it is too much in advance compared to the
status of the gtk application ecosystems. Many apps are not ready,
and I wonder if they will be some day.
As an example of ready app, there is the Lollypop music player. It
keeps playing while the window is closed and shows controls in the
notification area.
But that is a rare case.
Here is a bunch of applications that cannot work with the workflow
designed in Gnome-shell: keepassx, thunderbird, evolution, dropbox,
pidgin, hexchat, usbguard, redshift. I use most of them all day long,
but other people could probably find even more examples.

The notification scheme has been a bit of a mess, and changed a bunch
of times.

But what notifications are missing for an application like Evolution?
 I am also in Shell + Evolution all day and I don't see anything missin
g.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383