Re: The touchpad issue with an overloaded app drawer + suggestions

Two things about Gnome that just make it unusable for me.  First, the top panel needs to be more customizable.  I want the FULL date, not just the month and day.  I want a working weather app.  The other thing is the difficulty in adding some apps to the favorites.  If it's an app that is launched, say, using a shell script, you have to manually create a file to make it appear in the apps display.  For new users, who I install regularly, this is just too difficult.  Why can't the developers make some of these things work correctly?  Mate and XFCE have working weather apps.  And XFCE lets you display the date and time in so many ways, as does Cinnamon.