Extensions

Although Gnome is up to 3.22 with version numbers, the three distributions I use  SUSE-Tumbleweed, Fedora25 beta, and a third derivative distribution  are not able to make use of these extensions.

What facility is there to fake a Gnome version (say 3.20), so as to permit installation and use of the extensions. The extensions appear to be written for Gnome version 3.20? What desktop module may I replace to achieve success.

I have two reasons for asking for this help.
a) I am a member of a 500+ senior men's club and I am also tring to introduce a solid modern Linux release to this club's computer group (Free as one expects. Age of members vary between 60+ to 99+.  Next week, the Fedora25 distribution, with Gnome 3.22+ will be available for download, and it is what I want to introduce to a mixed class of seniors .

b) So far many of the extensions do not install with Fedora 25 beta.  No Gnome extensions means that starting date for the course would be deferred. They are already discouraged with the to be nameless, mainstream operating system

Regards

 Leslie
Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada