Re: display configuration changes after redocking

I found this bug on launchpad from about five years ago and it looks like it hasn't been resolved yet.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/732867

It presents a workaround for applying the settings.  I haven't tried it yet, but it would be nice if this could be fixed.  Is there someone who could point me in the right direction for this?

dbus-send --type="method_call" --print-reply --session --dest=org.gnome.SettingsDaemon /org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/XRANDR org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.XRANDR.ApplyConfiguration